Vegetable Bhajee by N.C. Strugnell
- Vegetables totalling 2lb (should include both soft such as okra and spinach and hard such as potatoes and carrots.)
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cummin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli
- Boil the hard vegetables, chopped for 5 mins.
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, cummin, coriander and chilli with water to form a stiff paste. Fry the onion in the oil until golden.
- Add the spice paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Add all the vegetables plus the tin of tomatoes and simmer for about 20 mins.
- Add salt to taste and serve.