Pillau Rice by N.C. Strugnell
16th November 2002 · Food and Drink
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 dessertspoon ghee
- 1 dessertspoon ground almonds
- 1 dessertspoon dessicated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cassia
- Boil the rice until nearly cooked.
- Soak the saffron in the warm milk for 10 mins.
- Cook the rice for 2 mins in the hot ghee.
- Add the almonds, coconut, spices, saffron and milk and cook for further minute.